2017 to Present
Senior Director, Genesys Cloud Customer Care (2018-Present)
Steers a technical team that supports Genesys Cloud, a SaaS contact center platform experiencing hyper-growth that allows businesses to improve their customer engagement, experience, and bottom line. Leads 24x7x365 global support team supporting four languages (Japanese, Spanish, Portuguese, and English) for direct and indirect customers. Oversees a full range of operations, from personally handling large customer escalations to guiding the sales cycle, to the customer care experience, to working with the onboarding team. Manages and executes support of new platform offers and the support of new features every week. Sets the strategy for customer experience, including future projections and lessons learned to fix common issues.
- Strategized and oversaw customer base growth from 800 to 3,000+ in two years, increasing the team from 50 to 175.
- In 2020, built a 24/7 team in the US to retain customers.
- Leveraging tactical and strategic planning, led an at-risk customer program to assess and track issues and allocate the right resources for problem resolution. Analyzed trends, patterns, and root causes for prevention. Led by example in meeting immediate customer needs while evaluating the effects on the internal team.
- Redesigned and implemented SaaS-centric technical support model for Genesys Cloud Customer Care.
- Slashed case resolution time by 70% in the 1st year by putting in place engineer onboarding and mentoring program and training for VARs.
- Improved NPS score by 35 points in the first year and additional 24 points in second year; most recently, NPS is up 54 points vs. 2018 NPS average of -13; +46 points in 2020.
- Overhauled the hiring process by creating new job descriptions and interview processes; established a timeframe (48 hours) from interview to decision. Put in place cross-functional upskilling programs.
- Retained top-performing candidates and hired talent outside of the industry for improved customer experience.
- Refocused performance on the customer; aligned employee skill sets with case assignment; identified employees’ top strengths via training and cut onboarding time from 9 months to 9 weeks.
- Routinely shared HR insights with Chief Customer Officer’s team for enforced performance across the organization.
Director, Cloud Service Experience (2017-2018)
Strategized and executed the customer experience for the Genesys Cloud product. Led strategy design from presales through tech support. Gained a promotion to rectify customer escalations in recognition of leadership and strategic planning.
- Slashed customer churn by introducing new, streamlined processes for customer onboarding and transition.
- Designed and implemented seamless service experience for customer journey.
- Engaged all departments to manage the vision and change management with an outward-in focus.
- Improved end-to-end experience with a SaaS mindset by creating product pricing models and service catalog from the customer’s perspective. Created tailored customer success program
2012 – 2017
Manager, Application Lifecycle Management (2017)
Leveraging maturity models, implemented change and strategic roadmaps, while getting leadership buy-in using open source practices of transparency and collaboration. In each role, implemented a lasting change to improve customer and IT teams’ experience.
- Positioned the company to deliver more changes more quickly by designing and steering application lifecycle management process change for Fortune 500 software company.
- With associate managers, created development plans; mentored teams.
- Developed and maintained strategic roadmap for application lifecycle management processes.
- Developed guidelines for full-stack engineering for global IT teams.
Manager, IT Productivity (2015-2017)
- Managed a multi-million-dollar endpoint device budget and selection.
- Negotiated better prices and contract terms. Improved development team’s results by streamlining Agile processes.
- Developed strategic roadmap for three IT productivity teams, IT Service Management, Contact Center Services, and Endpoint Systems for global delivery. Implemented quarterly business reviews.
Associate Manager, Global Voice & Video Collaboration (2013 – 2015)
- Managed global voice and video collaboration team while planning and executing telecommunications budget and expenses. Met regularly with CIO to ensure strategic alignment. Developed communications for all associates.
- Managed telecommunications and video multi-year strategy; maintained vendor relationships.
Principal Business Systems Analyst, Red Hat 2012-2013
Senior Systems Analyst, Anthem 2008 – 2012
Design Team Lead, Bank of America, 2007 – 2008
Telecommunications Analyst, Wachovia Corporation, 2005 – 2007
Voice Systems Administrator, Charles Schwab & CO., 2000 – 2005